Friday, July 15, 2011

Once in a lifetime

Tyson has been trying to come up with fun things for the Hope House kids to do throughout the week. He went to the stadium where the professional Chiang Mai FC soccer team plays. He met with the office staff and they made him an AMAZING deal for the kids to be able to come play in the stadium.
We were able to be in the stadium for several hours. The boys have a Hope House soccer team and they played against the staff. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience for all of them. Even the staff was thrilled with the opportunity. Everyone came out for the fun. The girls cheered in the stands and the little boys were able to play on the field before and after the "big game". It's thrilling watching these kids light up with a new experience that would have never had. God is so good to provide us with opportunities to bless these kids with not only Jesus, education, food, clothes but also FUN! That's exactly what we did this day had an amazing time.

I got some great pictures of Tyson and Sawyer together. Ever since we got back from our trip Sawyer has not wanted Tyson out of his sight. It is super cute and I know Tyson is enjoying it, he really missed the little man. Wherever Tyson was that's where Sawyer wanted to be. Towards the end of "the game" we had missed nap time for Sawyer and were entering the melt down zone. Sawyer got in trouble and then it was all over but the crying. He spotted Tyson on the field (still can't believe he could pick him out that far away) and reached his little arm out and in his most dramatic and sob filled voice said "I can't reach daddy I just can't do it". haha Tyson told me later that he could here him down on the field crying for him. I guess since the stadium was empty his voice carried pretty far.

Getting stretched out for the game
Sawyer wants to do whatever Ty is doing
The little boys playing before the game started
so happy together
LOVE THIS! One of my favorite pictures!
Chang and Sawyer they are buddies
running the field
Love this picture too! Hard not to love Chang he's a sweet little guy.
Getting ready for the match
little man Chang running the field. It was so hot out everyone else retreated to the shade. Not Chang he wanted to run the field. haha

Prayer before the game starts.
And they're off
Wit scored a goal!!!



I must say I was impressed that my man kept up with these young boys in the heat. 31 looks good on him. :-)
Tyson scored a goal and I got the pic! yes!
There are no words for this cuteness!!
The Hope House soccer team
The stadium

Everyone all together!

A few of the boys asked me to take their picture in the stadium
My boys

They are my joy in life!
Ty and his mini me

I enjoy watching these boys with Ty. They respect and love him and I know he feels the same about them. I wish I got a pic of him with all the boys but here's a great one of him with a few.
A few more shots of the stadium and the field


After the game we had a picnic lunch in a park behind the stadium. You can see the stadium in the background of this pic.
eating lunch
Sawyer off to explore the woods

Nutt one of Sawyer's BFF's

No comments: