Friday, July 8, 2011

Hours of running, jumping and of course laughing!

Percy and Sawyer had way to much fun together. I'm afraid Sawyer's love for climbing and jumping off of EVERYTHING rubbed off on Percy during our visit. They turned my mom's living room into a playing jungle gym. I have to say I have the most amazing parents who let the grandchildren literally take over the house.
One Saturday while Kelly my mom and I were yard sailing Grandpa was in charge of the boys. We came home and the furniture was all pushed to the center of the room. Grandpa arranged the couch and chairs so the boys could run circles around the living room...not to mention dive over the back of the couch. All the couch cushions were on the floor as extra padding and the couch was the trampoline. The final touch was the kitchen table moved against the window so the boys had a clear runway that led from the back hallway all the way through the kitchen and into the living room. HOURS were spent running and jumping and climbing and of course LAUGHING!

These pics are from another night. Sawyer was jumping from the fireplace into the bean bag chair. Percy still trying to figure out the jumping thing mostly dives...it's the cutest thing ever. He's like a mini man doing timber into the bean bag chair.




I know some people might think it's nuts letting my kid jump off things and climb everywhere. Honestly in our home (and my mom's because I know she doesn't mind at all) I love letting him be his adventurous self. He knows not to go crazy at other peoples houses (it's taken time to teach him the difference but he's learning not every couch is a trampoline). I love letting him run and jump and get all his wiggles out. I believe he's learned many limits in the comfort (and safety) of our home. He's only 2 and still has a long way to go on learning how to behave but I figure I have time to teach him as we go. There is a time and a place for everything and right now that's what I'm trying to teach him. Fun times!

1 comment:

Kay Walker Cook said...

That is what "going to Grandpa's" is all about. Fun Unlimited!