Monday, July 12, 2010

.The first village

I took so many pictures in the villages there are just to many to choose from. I am going to try to post several days in a row that way I can use more pictures.
The first village we went to was a Lahu tribe. They are very poor and they all came to the meeting place when they heard we were coming. One of the workers from PFA drove up the mountain on Friday the week before to count how many families and to let them know we were coming.
When we drove up to the first place I was moved by all of their sweet little faces. They are so poor and in need it's an amazing feeling to be a part of helping them. All the children in Hope House came from villages like this. To see their lives then and now made me want to take all the kids back with us.


Sawyer helping Pappa unload the bags for the kids.







4 comments:

Gail said...

The children are so precious! Thank you Tyson, Tess and Sawyer for being a light unto the least of these. Love you!

Debbie Schultz said...

Love all the pic's Tess!! Thank you so much for taking us with you on this adventure with your blog!! I can't wait to plan our trip... whenever it might be!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Jennifer said...

I am so thankful for your obedience to go and serve these people and all the other tribes as well! I feel blessed to be on the journey with you... love you!

Denise said...

Tess, great pictures! Are those popcicles they have? Did you all make them?
Tess I love looking at your blog. I'm so grateful you take the time to do this for all of us.
May the Lord's face shine upon each one of these precious ones. :)