Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bush family vacation

When we moved here at the end of June it had been over a year and a half since we have seen Tyson's parents and family. They came to VA in April of 09 and that was the only time they had seen Sawyer. It's been such a blessing spending time with them.
Ty's sister found airfare to Bangkok for 30 bucks round trip so we all went on our first ever Bush Family Vacation. We actually flew into Bangkok and then drove a little over an hour to Pattaya (the beach). We stayed at this amazing resort.

Tyson and Sawyer in the fun lobby chairs. Sawyer looks so big to me in this picture.

This is the view from my lawn chair by the pool. I sat here in the shade while I was broken out with my rash. (see previous post for details on that). At least I had a nice view.
When we got to our room Sawyer climbed up on this chair pulled the book off the nightstand and acted like he was reading. It was so cute. I then looked at what it was. "The teachings of Budah" haha it was all in Thai.

Me and Saws and our wonderful seafood dinner.

My sister in law and her husband Mike. :-) They are expecting their first baby in December.
An elephant carved from a carrot for Sawyer.
Pattaya City at night. There were lots of "interesting" things going on there so we didn't stay out late. Mostly we just ate dinner and then went back to the resort. :-)
The Beach
The view from our hotel room. Well the looking down view. The first 3 nights we were on the 10th floor and the last 2 we were on the 13th floor. It was an amazing view every time.
There was a lazy river you could ride around in a tube....it was so relaxing.
There was also a wonderful baby pool area. Sawyer had a blast swimming there. It was different levels so he could go all the way in to the water over his shoulders and I think it made him feel big like he was standing in the deep water. He's all about being a big boy these days.
Beach view from our room.
Tyson and Sawyer down by the water at sunset. It was beautiful!!
I love my boys!


Tyson loves his boy. The day we were leaving Sawyer had his first major accident. I was packing all my toiletries and I had my razor on the side of the tub. I was looking for a bag to put it in because it was one of those ones with soap around it and I didn't want that to get all over my other stuff. Well in the 2 seconds it was there Sawyer grabbed it. All I heard was Sawyer screaming and Tyson saying what do you have. Then there was the blood. Poor baby sliced his his little thumb. I wrapped it in a towel grabbed him and headed for the emergency clinic. (thankfully I knew where it was because of my rash haha). Tyson stayed in the room to cool off he was really mad at me. (which is kind of funny to me now because he is never mad haha). Since we were on the 13th floor we had to go all the way down to the basement....I had a major "mom moment". We were stopping at almost every floor on the way down and our elevator was full. There were about 10 people in there. we were at about level 8 and this family that was waiting for an elevator stands there and blocks the door. There were 5 of them and OBVIOUSLY no room for them. They stood there discussing what to do next but they were holding the door. I was in the front and I just yelled "there is no room for you on here...my baby is screaming and bleeding everywhere get out of the way now so I can get to the clinic." I have no idea if they could understand English but they moved. I heard a few chuckles from people in the back of the elevator so I guess at least a few people understood me. hee hee The nurse was very nice and helpful. Thank the Lord Sawyer did not need stitches it wasn't that deep it just sliced a few layers but she said all will grow back just fine. She wrapped it in gauze to try and stop the bleeding and taped it up good. Sawyer didn't like having anything on his thumb and every time he looked at it he started crying again. It was kind of funny. He would be happy and then look over and just start saying ouchy ouchy. Poor baby he would then look at his other thumb to make sure it was ok. haha I was thankful to get on the road home without further injury or sickness.
The Play Room: They had a wonderful playroom for the kids. Sawyer LOVED it. There was a big ball pit with a slide into it that he played on for hours. I'll load the video I got of him. They kept trying to charge us every time a new staff member came in. Children under 2 play for free. Everyone else is about 1 dollar an hour. We had to keep telling them he's only 1 and a half. They couldn't believe how big he was. It was really funny. Other moms in there would take his picture. The Blondie hair and blue eyes stood out with all the little Asian kids.

They also had a play kitchen that he loved. He would cry when we had to leave. He loved all the doors that opened and of course the pot and pans. :-)
Dragon fruit. This is for you dad. I told you about this fruit before. I'm mad I didn't get a picture of the inside. It's white with black dots. Very yummy and Sawyer really likes it.
What do you think those green things are?.....well Sawyer thought they were balls....hahah..
nope not limes they are oranges. No lie orange on the inside and taste like a tangerine. They are Thai oranges. haha

We spent a few hours in Bangkok before we left but I didn't take any pictures. We just shopped and drove around the city. We saw where all the rioting was and it was sad to see the mall that use to be beautiful burnt up and closed because of too much damage.
We are home now and it's been a Thai holiday so we had 2 days off. Tomorrow is back to work but at least "work" is fun and rewarding. Sorry for my lack of blogging but I'll be back on it now we are home. Love you you all!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Tess, it looks like a beautiful place. I'm sure Ty's parents where blessed to have you all there. Sorry you weren't feeling better, but it looks like you made the best of it.