Monday, July 19, 2010

First Trip the the Chang Mai Hospital

There has been a virus going around here. Ty's mom had it then Ty and then Sawyer and I got it. The weird part was that is was the same virus but it was just different for each of us. Ty and his mom had the aches and high fever. I had the aches and an awful headache. Well 2 days before we were to leave for our vacation Sawyer broke out in a rash. I thought he may be having a reaction to some food. He didn't seem bothered by it so I didn't worry too much. That night I couldn't sleep and I was really itchy. When I woke up in the morning I had a rash all over my arms and hands and chest. (see elbow picture below). Ty's mom said we should go to the hospital. I hate the hospital as you all know and I THANK YOU all who prayed for me. Sawyer and I both just had the virus and it showed up with a rash on us. Don't ask me how or why that's just how it is. It's maddening because everything is different here even the viruses and bugs and germs. I must admit I felt a little ignorant.
The Dr. gave me an antihistamine and some calamine lotion and said I basically had to just suffer through the symptoms and let it run it's coarse.
The next morning we had to leave for vacation. We were up early and on our way. By the time we got to hotel I was itching all over. I kept taking the antihistamine and that would help for a little while. The first night at the hotel was fine. We woke up went to breakfast and came upstairs to put our suits on. I still had the rash but once we got upstairs I started to itch. I took a pill and layed in the bed and prayed it would go away. It just got worse and worse. My skin started to burn and if I was blind I would have been convinced I was on fire. I was literally jumping up and down screaming it hurt so bad. Poor Sawyer didn't know what was going on. He just started crying. Tyson was trying to comfort Sawyer and figure out what to do. This went on for about 30 minutes. There was lots of tears on my end and prayers on Tyson's. It was awful!!!!! Finally Ty went down to the pool and got his mom and sister. Deb took sawyer out to swim and ty's mom tried to help me relax. I took 2 more antihistamines and the prayers were in full force. We then went down to the clinic but I knew they weren't going to tell me anything different so we ended up out in the "lazy river". The water was all salt water so Ty's mom thought it might help. It did for a little while. I was able to wade around the river and try to not think about it. That worked for about 30 minutes and then I started to burn. I had to get out of the water. I made my way to our chairs and my feet were so swollen my toes looked like sausages. Ty's dad saw me and came over. He layed hands on my burning feet and prayed for me again. This rash was working it's way down from my arms to my feet and the feet were the worst yet. (it was even on my face and eyelids). The burning calmed down but the itching was still rough. throughout the day it never burned like that again PRAISE THE LORD!!! I really am thankful for all your prayers. It was a few more days of itching and by the last day of our vacation I was rash free. haha I am so very thankful that Sawyer didn't feel it the same way I did. He didn't even seem bothered. So praise the Lord for that.





1 comment:

Denise said...

Glad that nasty rash is gone, gone, gone.