Monday, July 12, 2010

Dance Girls

These girls are from Hope House. They have all accepted Jesus and are part of about 20 of the children to make up an evangelism team. They all came from villages like the ones we were at. It's amazing to see their lives now and know where they came from. I had one weekend before we left to teach them a dance. One Saturday they learned an entire dance. I was impressed. No dance experience for any of them. It was very simple and repetitive but I was still impressed by them. I made them streamers and they danced to "All things new" by Watermark. I had a video camera to tape it but I accidentally turned it off instead of on. haha then I thought I was turning it off but I was actually turning it on and I recorded the inside of my bag. I may try to get them to do it for me at Hope House this weekend so I can tape it and post it for you all to see.

The girls: Nutt, Gift, Yo and Pan
Their names are so unique. Tyson's mom knows each and every story behind each child. I am trying to take them a few at a time. :-) 60 kids and 60 stories is a lot.



2 comments:

Denise said...

They are so beautiful. They are having such a good time. I am happy you have this way to contect with them. :)

Gail said...

I love how they are smiling! You can tell they are enjoying the dance! Tess, you are a wonderful teacher. After you have really settled in, I am looking forward to hearing you are working with them at least once a week. I love you so much and once again have to tell you how much your blog means to me.