Monday, June 14, 2010

How am I doing??


Well hello there. I know what you are all thinking... "Tess keeps telling us she will be better at updating so where are the updates...." am I right? haha Well between selling all I own, making list and buying things we need for our 20 hours of flying, packing, throwing things away, writing thank you notes, tracking our fundraising, trying to raise more funds, making follow up cards and newsletters, birthdays, baby showers, making homemade gifts, scanning over 600 pictures of the Bush side of the family, working on scanning Phipps family photos, converting our home movies to dvd, chasing a very active one year old, and trying to see my family..... life is pretty full. But I AM SO BLESSED!! I serve the most incredible loving God. He gives me more grace then I deserve.
I have had a lot of people ask me "how are you doing". Well that's a BIG question. The short answer is GREAT but also sad.
What a journey this last year has been. These last few weeks I have really been thinking about all that God has done in me and for me. The sale of our car is the last major thing to go. (Let me know if you know of anyone who would be interested in a 4 Runner). For some reason selling the car is the hardest so far. I'm not sure if it's because it's the last of everything or if it's because I really love it! hmmm maybe both....When you talk about moving across the world and selling everything it's a little overwhelming in one chunk. I have been so blessed to have the time to take each day and each step one bite at a time. I'm a sentimental person so holding on to small unimportant things is not hard for me. Letting go and trusting that God has a purpose for my family has become more important than all the trinkets and things I have assigned value to. I am feeling rather free to be honest. It's rough in the middle but once the house is gone and everything else there really is less to worry about.
What an incredible husband I have! He has held my hand and patiently walked me through each and every step. Now here we are a week away from leaving and I'm holding his hand because he HATES to fly. HAHA All kidding aside what a tremendous gift to have a partner in life who can gently push you forward towards God's plans and purposes. I am so thankful for the opportunity to work along side of my dearest and closest friend for the purpose of expanding the Kingdom of God. It blows my mind honestly. What an incredible calling! I can't wait for this exciting amazing adventure to begin.
I would appreciate each and every prayer you send our way. There are still a few details to come together before we leave on THURSDAY! The sale of our car is a big one and we still need more funds to financially make it through this next year. God has met us each step of the way so far and I am trusting he will continue to do the same. It's starting to feel a bit sad too.... it's sinking in all the things that I'm leaving. Mainly my family but also dear friends. Looking ahead to the exciting future is great but the saying goodbye part is never easy so prayer for me through the emotions of the next week would be great.
Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
We are standing on this and believing in Him who is sending us out. Time to take that step and trust that God will make the way.


Thanks for reading and for your prayers.
Love and Blessings to you all!!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Tess, I am crying as I read this!! I am praying for you guys!! What a blessing God has given to you, be encouraged and dont let fear come against you. You and your family are doing a very courageous thing and I am so excited for you. What an adventure!!! I hope that the adjustment period wont be to long for you and that things that you need will fall into place quickly!! Blessings to you guys and I would love to support you guys, is there a way to make an offering?? Let me know:) Jacqueline