Friday, September 9, 2011

Potty Training and the Thai Immigration Office


To fully appreciate this story you have to understand a few things about the toilets in Thailand
1. They are glorified holes in the ground. There is no seat you literally stand on either side and squat.
2. Most bathrooms do not provide toilet paper.....
3. You don't flush you take a pale of water from a bucket and dump it in the toilet...

This one pictured is clean but I have NEVER seen one this clean.....I just didn't want to post a nasty picture
Today:
We had to go to the immigration office for visa stuff. I was filling out all our paperwork with our passports at the counter when I hear a little voice in the back of the room "I needa go potty!!" Tyson had to go hunt down a bathroom for Sawyer. 

10 minutes later Tyson and Sawyer come back to the office. Sawyer has no pants on (only underpants) and Tyson had Sawyer's pants in a ball. He hands the wadded up pants to me and says "these have poop on them I'll tell you about it later. "

ok...

Here's the story: Tyson finds the toilet and it's a MESS. He said one of the nastiest dirtiest toilets he has ever seen. Sawyer by this time is squirming he has to go so bad. Tyson set him up in front of the toilet and tells him to aim and go. Sawyer has not yet learned how to pee standing up so Tyson thought no time like the present than to teach him. Sawyer stood there a minute and said "I need to sit down daddy" Tyson encourages him to be a big boy and pee standing up. Tyson thought he just had stage fright so he encouraged him to be a man and go standing up. Sawyer was skeptical but he listens and stood there facing the toilet and let it rip. Ty didn't realize that "I needa go potty" meant Sawyer needed to go #2. Before Tyson could react to the strained red face little boy in front of him it was to late. There it was a huge turd landed right on Tyson's foot. Sawyer of course immediately started yelling out "oh no oh no I missed the potty I missed it" (he hates even seeing poop in the toilet). Tyson said although he was gagging he tried to remain calm so Sawyer wouldn't get freaked. There of course is NO TOILET PAPER or anything to wipe with and I had the bag with our stuff in the office. He had to rinse his foot in the dirty toilet!! Tyson just kept telling Sawyer not to worry about it and that it was daddy's fault. The mess had gotten on Sawyer shorts so Ty used them to help clean Sawyer up.

When Tyson was telling me the details I laughed so hard I thought I was going to cry. I had to write this down because it's to funny to forget about. Plus Anyone who knows Ty can IMAGINE his face as he walked into that office with wadded up poopy shorts....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am also happy to report. Sawyer seemed satisfied with blaming daddy for the incident and is not scared by these events.

Just another adventure on the mission field. 

2 comments:

Denise said...

I laughed so hard Tess, I wanted to cry. I could see Tyson's face.

Mindy said...

Oh man, so funny, though probably not at the time!