Thursday, March 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Party

I love celebrating Valentine's day with kids. I have been wanting to do something with the middle girls at Hope House. The little kids and the older kids seem to get the most opportunity to do fun things and I hadn't really done anything with the girls 8-14 yr olds. So I was excited to have a fun reason to throw them a party. We had pizza for dinner and lots of games. They made a craft and we exchanged Valentines encouragements notes with each other. Last we watched the movie Tangled. They all had a wonderful time. It was great to see them enjoying themselves and all while in my home. There is something about have people in your house having a good time. I printed out "heart message candy" stickers for part of the decoration.
Their craft to make and lolly pops plus the little favors I made for each girl that had little candies and stickers inside.

This is what the heart basket looked like when finished
I made these little bees they had nail polish inside as prizes for the winners of the games
Making the craft


Aliyah's first Valentines Party
Pin the lips on the man






this game they had to pick the candies out of the bowl one at a time with chop sticks. The one with the most candy won




Love story relay writing. They each had to write a part to a love story and then pass their paper to the next group. They wrote a portion of each story. It was really funny what the stories ended up being.



reading their finished stories




Handing out their valentines to each other

don't laugh game. They had to hold up these funny faces and anyone who smiled of laughed was out. the last person won.

Great group of girls.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Great party, wish I was there!