Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sewing Class

I taught a sewing class to 6 of the older girls. I showed them a few quilt patterns to choose from and they all picked the same one. They each picked two colors that they wanted for their quilts the other fabrics I picked for them were the same. I think it turned out neat that they had some of the same material in each of their individual quilts.

Here they are at my house. For some of the classes we met at Hope House but the last few weeks they came to my house. I loved having them here and I know they had a great time. It feels good to accomplish something. These quilts took a lot of time and a lot of attention to detail. I am so impressed with how well they did. Making a quilt for their first project is impressive.
Putting the peaces together.Ironing the seems out flat.trimming the batting.Quilting by handAll 6 togetherThe finished product:

Mok
View
Paan
Gift
Nee
Nut
All together












4 comments:

Gail said...

I am so proud of you!!!!!! The quilts are beautiful!

Denise said...

Good job girls! Your awsome Tess!

Aunt Jane said...

They did a fantastic job, Tess...you are a great teacher!

Bethany said...

I want to take your sewing class!!!! These are so great! You are amazing.