Thursday, March 17, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Since we moved out of our house in January 2010 Sawyer has been sleeping in the pack and play. A few months ago he climbed out of it but it was a one time thing and there wasn't much danger in him climbing out (since it's so close to the ground). Well he started climbing out almost every day and then playing in his room instead of sleeping so we decided we might as well put him in the bed. The house here is furnished so his room already had a bed in it. He did great with the transition. The first few nights he didn't even get out of his bed. The only problem we have had is with nap time. He use to sleep 3 hours in the afternoons but lately it's hit or miss with him actually sleeping. The only problem is that he still needs to sleep otherwise I wouldn't mind if he just played in there during his "nap time". We are working back to the sleeping and he's been doing better.
I can't believe how big it makes him seem to me now. It's like my baby is totally grown up now. It was funny how emotional it felt putting him in a big bed. I was going to take his paci too but I decided against it. One transition at a time. He only uses it at night so it doesn't bother me that much.
p.s. I know he has pink sheet and he is a boy. Those are what came on the bed and I haven't been able to buy him new ones. Tyson thinks I'm silly for worrying about it but I don't want him to have a girly room. haha Next extra purchase will be new sheets for him. :-)


No comments: