Wednesday, May 14, 2008

sleepy frog...


I have this song stuck in my head...Way back in the day years and years ago when my older brother took piano lessons from Pete Payne there was this one song in his piano book called "Sleepy Witch". Well, Ms. Betsy being an amazingly talented mother changed the title and words to the song. It is now known as "Sleepy Frog". I still remember some of the words...


"Sleepy Frog what's wrong with you, we've got lots of things to do.

Soon it will be time to eat, and we need your great big feet.

Things to do

Stir the stew

Where's your back leg!

Add the pepper and the salt

Don't forget the chocolate malt."


This all flooded back to me today in a flash. I was sitting at my desk one of my coworkers said to me "wow you look sleepy". At first I was like Thanks a lot that really means you look awful! But then the sleepy frog song came to me and I started cracking up! I have had it in my head ever since. So thank you Ms. Betsy for the cute song that is getting me through this long day. ha ha


I never knew the 1st trimester in pregnancy would effect my sleep so much. I always knew in the end sleep was hard...but this early I had no idea! I toss and turn all night and I get up to pee every 2 hours. It's getting harder and harder and the days of little sleep are building up. Working full time is not helping. I get off at 5pm and I can't wait for my head to hit the pillow. I know I can't take anything to help me sleep but does anyone have any "home remedies" for sleeping. Any suggestions I'll take!

Well this is a random post...but hey at this point jumbled is the best I can do.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...

There's just not a whole lot you can do :( My dr. told me to make sure I was having NO CAFFEINE and to try tylenol pm. I did once or twice, but I'm not big on taking stuff..

anyway, I had the same problem, still do kind of except when I get up to pee I can go back to sleep afterwards :)

Sometimes taking a walk in the evening and trying to not go to bed too early helped too.

Other than that, just the sweet mercy of God to rely on :)

Hannah said...

Rooibos tea before bed. does wonders for me and is supposed to be really good for pregnant women. i drink it all the time.. I like the Numi brand (you can find it at vitamin shop).
It's very calming and soothing!

Anonymous said...

tess you're making me laugh! so many old memories flashed back as i read this post about the song. all our primer piano books that had to do with witches or halloween songs had a pen crossing out the "evil" words and replaced with something else.
anyway all those old memories lead me back to Patrick, our baby doll (that you were more the mother to). man, the good ol days. congrats, by the way, on your baby!! -megan