Wednesday, May 21, 2008

3 years down 97 more to go :-)

Today Tyson and I celebrate 3 years of married life! I am amazed more and more everyday by the blessings God has given me. The years of praying for that perfect match have paid off. So many days I look at Tyson and we are so different in many ways...but God has given us this perfect balance in each other. These differences create a lot of laughter in our home. I'm the emotional pack rat and he is the rational minimalist. I'm so thankful to share my life with my best friend. There are days when I am so overwhelmed by the fact that God would pay attention to every detailed desire of my heart.

I came home from work yesterday to find a large envelope on my refrigerator... Tyson being the man he is could not wait one more day to give me my anniversary gift. In 8 years the man has never given me a present on the actual day of celebration i.e. birthday, Christmas, anniversary...one year he made it to Christmas Eve. He gets too excited and can't wait. ha ha He's going to be the dad who begs the kids to open their gifts on Christmas Eve. haha Anyway...Tyson planed an overnight trip to D.C. and a Coldplay concert. I can't wait...but I have to because it's not until July. :-)


Life is busy and crazy but then today comes and I am overwhelmed by the goodness of God.

6 comments:

erin said...

Aw, cute! Happy anniversary!

Mindy said...

Happy Anniversary! Your trip sounds fun too! I've always wanted to go to a Coldplay concert--can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Bekah said...

Happy Anniversary Tess! How exciting and fun! And what a wonderful anniversary present!

abbey said...

Happy Anniversary Tess!!!

Sarah said...

Hope you had a very Happy Anniversary! Sam and I are almost to 4 years and I can't believe how fast the time flies by!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Sorry I didn't send a card this year... I'm a little out of it... but I know you understand... cause you are my best girl! That will be a great before the baby comes weekend away! (remind me to tell you something about Coldplay that I don't want to say out here where everyone can read it :)
Jenny girl