Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Birthday Cruise

Well it's been a very crazy few weeks. So here's an update
First- My birthday was a blast. My dear friends Debbie and Christen and I went on a weekend cruise to the BAHAMAS!! It was a nice break from the random VA weather let me tell you. As always with us no trip would be complete without a few moments of drama. To start things off the first night on the ship I went to take a shower...as I was shampooing my hair I realised it's not normal to have water up past your ankles while in the shower. I looked out the shower curtain in the entire bathroom floor was FLOODED! I turned the water off so it could drain...instead of draining out the water starting coming in along with some lovely black gunk. It was very gross and I quickly rinsed myself and jumped out of the bathroom. That isn't the end at this point the boat was rocking and even with the bathroom door shut water began to flood the floor of our room. Debbie ran to put towels down to block the water from getting on our stuff it was quite an event!!! We ended up being moved to another room...which was great because after that the floor that entire hallway stank! ha ha Other adventures consisted of Christen leaving her camera, ID, credit card, and ship card(which you need to get back on the boat) at a vender's booth in Coco Cay. Long story short a very nice security guard when back to the vender's booth and made her open it so Christen could look...and she found her things!!! We made it on the last tender back to the ship and I got very sick from the small boat bouncing on the waves. Needless to say I almost passed out. I learned a valuable lesson: 1st trimester pregnancy and cruises probably aren't the best idea. Thankful I was with two really fun easy going gals who helped me through it! The last day I burnt my legs SO BAD!!! Sun poisoning is no fun! I could not walk! I thought they were going to have to carry me off the boat. But after prayer and taking it very slow I made it off the ship!!! Here are a few pictures.













5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Hope you are feeling good this week!

Bekah said...

Tess, Looks like so much fun! Hope you are feeling better~ =o)

Mindy said...

This makes me want to go on a cruise. How fun! Praying for you and the baby.

abbey said...

so fun!

Anonymous said...

Casey and I were at the very same Starbucks! How funny!
Jen