Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Paulie!

Today is my big brother Paul’s 29th birthday. Where does the time go?!? These are my favorite pictures of us (sorry they are blurry). I was 3? And Paul was 6? We were in a nursery rhyme parade and my mom made us Little Miss Muffet and the Spider costumes. We won 3rd prize! We were so proud of our 3 dollars. Paul was very protective of me at that age…he would argue with the neighbor about who got to hold my hand to cross the street…He was responsible for me and therefore it was his job to make sure I made it across safely. One of my favorite memories of Paul was when we were playing soccer/football at a church event….one of the adults who took the game very seriously trampled over me sending me flying over a chair that was on the sideline. Paul was so angry…he ran over to make sure I was ok. I was really shaken up and let’s just say Paul was not happy. Paul carried me off the field to the shelter and bought me a soda. Ha ha it sounds silly now but then I kept thinking I have the coolest brother EVER! Paul thanks for looking out for me. Even when I could take care of myself it was nice to know you had my back. I am really proud of you and I know God has so much in store for you this next year of your life. Amazing things are coming your way. I love you more than I could ever say. I couldn’t ask for a better big brother!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
abbey said...

This is such a sweet post, Tess. I always thought it would be fun to have an older brother to look out for me. You're a great and loving sister.
Hope you have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Sweet is the word that comes to my mind too! I love the vintage pics :) Did I ever tell you that you have a beautiful smile? It radiates in all your pictures. I should know as well since I brush teeth professionally! :) Love you- Jenny girl

The Triumphant Return of Paulie Walnuts said...

Love you sis!

The Triumphant Return of Paulie Walnuts said...

Love you sis!