Monday, October 29, 2007

Wedding Picture Conclusion...

Ok I have the most incredible husband ever. He always knows the right thing to say at the right time. Friday when I was freaking out about our wedding pictures and the extra cost yada yada yada...He in his usual manner listens to me graciously until I take a breath and he can get a word in. After many tears Tyson gently says, there is no need to overreact. This is all going to work out just fine. As I freak out about the money and the fact it's taken so long Tyson is reminding me that God has seen every part of the situation and it will all work out. As I angrily print off all my email correspondence and call my mom for the receipts Tyson again reminds me of Proverbs 15:1. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." We prayed before we went in to see the photographer and I asked God to help me to "keep my cool". God is so good!!! He gave me the grace to calmly go through what was paid and also be able to share my frustrations in a calm "gentle" manner. She listened and received everything I had to say with grace. She felt really bad that I was disappointed with my pictures and that her associate had been so rude on my wedding day. Every detail worked out and everything had been paid. In the end my photographer even offered to take a free family portrait when Ty and I have kids to make up for her associate that did take great photos at our wedding. WOW God goes above and beyond all that we ask!
Funny enough our pastor has been doing a series on The Power in our Words. Yesterday in church he was talking about Proverbs 15:1 Tyson gave me a little nudge and we laughed at the practical application in our life from the day before. Isn't God good?!?! He takes a frustrating situation and teaches us a lesson. Next time I am in a frustrating situation I pray that I will be more quick to see what God is teaching me.

Thank you for your prayers.

P.S. When my album was all put together I was much happier with the result then what I thought. Again Thank you Lord for meeting my hearts desire.

2 comments:

Katie Virginia said...

That is so exciting Tess! Now you can pray I have a similar "happy ending" with our photographers!
Love ya!

Rebekah said...

Hey I didn't know you even had a blog, how fun. We should definately do the coffee thing that you talked about. What is your work schedule look like... (thursday... maybe friday???) Let me know :)