Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Tiger Woods

Trips to Alabama are something I look forward to every year. Tyson and I try to visit his grandmother at least once a year. We just got back from another wonderful week in Oxford. The years have added up and I have so many wonderful memories of our drives. One thing Tyson loves about Alabama is this golf course about 30 minutes from his grandmother's house. Tyson started playing golf when we first started dating (almost 8 years ago!). At the time we were both in school and had more flexible hours. I used to ride in the golf cart and study/do homework/cheer him on. He had to explain to me that you're not suppose to yell and cheer when you hit a good shot, apparently is distracts the other golfers. he he We use to go about once a week. Now that he has gotten better(thanks to my cheering) he usually plays with his friends. When we are in Alabama I get to return to my place in the golf cart. We have had many crazy events on this course...almost tipping the cart...running over snakes...trying to avoid the ARMADILLO in the middle of the cart path...It's a flood of good memories and fun times. This year Tyson was hit by a sprinkler when he was trying to make a put. I enjoyed being outside in the beautiful weather reading my book, taking pictures, and quietly cheering. We had a great time visiting family and just hanging out. Life has been so non stop the last few months that is was nice to just relax. I love spending time with family. I have the most wonderful in-laws I feel truly blessed. It's worth every minute of the 20 hours of driving for the week.




















I haven't mastered the camera timer :-)

2 comments:

Katie Virginia said...

what a fun time Tess! you should get a little remote for your camera :) Jason and I have pictures like that from our honeymoon! Jason running to get in the picture!

erin said...

ha! you're funny.