Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Crafty days

The last few weeks I've been spending time at home during the day. When Sawyer goes down for his nap I have had some time to get crafty. My mother in law bought some warm fabric for me to work with and I have been having a ball. The hill tribes don't have warm clothes and in the winter time it can get freezing in the mountains. The children have nothing to wear. We are doing an outreach in November so I am trying to get some things made for then. I made little pants and shoes. I am working on adjusting my pattern that I made from an old pare of pants of Andrews. I want to make 3 sizes. One smaller like Sawyers size and then a bigger size for older kids. I want to teach a sewing class to some of the girls at Hope House. There are a few sewing machines they can use. Then I can get them to help me make enough to hand out pants to all the families in the tribes.
The little shoes are super cute. I used the scraps from the pants to put them together. They are small size for about 6 months old but I am going to try and adjust it to make it for older children maybe up to 2 or 3. They were a little more difficult to make then the pants but after I get the girls going on the pants I'm going to get them making the shoes too.








2 comments:

Gail said...

Tessie! I knew you could dance, but sew???? Good thing we didn't know about this hidden talent when we were up all night gluing costumes!
The clothes are precious, and you are priceless!

Denise said...

nice Tess. Don't you just love ministry?
dad