Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Random but REAL Christmas Tree :-)

Well we went with the real tree this year. Our apartment isn't that big so we got a short little tree. We will probably look at the end of the year for a fake one on sale...but we don't really have anywhere to store it so we shall see.

Saturday we went and picked it out...why is it that when your at the "tree place" they all look so perfect and round and then as soon as you get home there is always something wrong. Well, to start out we got home and were trying to put it in the stand but there were 2 bog knots that were keeping it from fitting in the stand. We do not have a saw so Tyson had to take a flat head screw driver and a hammer and chisel the knots off. It wasn't going well so finally he just started chopping it with the back of the hammer. At one point he says to me oh no it's bleeding on the carpet...it was like we were doing tree surgery. I was laughing so hard. (anyone have any ideas for getting sap out of the carpet?!?!) Finally success! The tree fit in the stand. :-) Once it was up we could see how odd this tree looked...I don't even know how to describe it...On the top left all these branches shoot out...and then the bottom right all the branches shoot out...in other words it is the weirdest shaped tree I have ever seen. HA HA I have to laugh because these things bother me. It doesn't look right. But I decided to go ahead and decorate...the tree decorations are pretty but the tree itself is not that great.


I decided rather than show a picture of the random shaped tree I would post some of my favorite ornaments.



This ornament was given to me my Tom and Gail I think I was like 10. It has was always been my favorite.








This one Tyson's grandfather made for him in 1982

























Gotta love the picture of little Ty hee hee

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love decorating our christmas tree. I am glad you went with a real one. There is just something rustically traditional in a real tree. :) Pulling out all the ornaments from growing up is my favorite. Love you!

Katie Virginia said...

I kind of wish you would show the deformed tree! I want to laugh at it to ;). We are getting our tree this Friday and I am so excited about decorating it with Jason! Love you and miss you!

Callie said...

I second Katie's motion. Let us see the funny tree! Love your ornaments!

erin said...

Yeah, I want to see the funny shaped tree! Okay, we've had some of our most stressful moments over putting up the tree...luckily we had an easier time this year, but it seems things never go smoothly so we get frustrated and then even angrier that we're fighting over something as merry as a CHRISTMAS TREE!! :)

Mindy said...

I agree...lets see the crazy tree. I love the ornament pictures. They make me wish I had a tree to put all my old ornaments from growing up on! Oh well, next year!

Casey Cruciano said...

Umm, I 5th the lets see the tree motion! Aye! Casey picked one out like that one year and it was the Chrstmas Bush which would be even more appropriate for you two! Yes.... baby Ty is too cute!