Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Oh Christmas Tree"


I love Christmas trees!!! I can't wait to get mine this year.

The question is fake or real??? Tyson and I have talked about this many times. He grew up with a fake tree and I grew up with a real one....hmmmm Where do you find a compromise in that. I don't mind a fake tree as long as it looks real. But the ones that look real are always the most expensive! Plus I LOVE the smell of a real tree!!! And then you have the fun of picking out a new one every year and you don't have to pack it up when you are done...you just throw it away. Ty is all about the investment..."$30.00 a year on a tree for how many years...?" ha ha ha He would rather buy a fake one and it will pay for it self if we keep it for 10 years. What to do what to do. Any thoughts....?

3 comments:

Katie Virginia said...

we've done both over the years. a few times we've used pine spray to make it smell real - that's always an option! :) For our first Christmas this year, we are getting a real tree... We'll see how many years it takes for him to realize he also doesn't want to spend 30-40 on a tree you throw out!

Mindy said...

Hey Tess, it's Mindy Shaw---Tyler's wife. I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but haven't commented! Hi! We've been debating about the exact same thing. We're not getting a tree this year cause of being in an apartment and going to TX for Christmas, but Ty's the one who's used to the real tree and I grew up in a house of people allergic to real trees and so now I am lazy and love my parents' pre-lighted fake one---you just put it together, plug it in, and throw some ornaments on! We'll see what happens next year...

Callie said...

REAL REAL REAL!!! It must be! We must get our hands sticky from the sap! We must have to bend way down low to water it! We must have the smell of pine and the needles clog up the vacuum! I love real trees!