Saturday, October 8, 2011

Knitting Class and Taco night

Tuesday nights a few of the older girls have been coming over to our house to learn to knit. I was amazed at how quickly they picked it up. We knit, eat snacks and watch movies. Tuesday nights have become a favorite time around here. Sawyer LOVES having the girls here. When the door bell rings he yells out "yay the girls are here". He usually runs around and shows off as much as he can. 
I got this video of him a few weeks ago. He was showing off his Thai for the girls. They get a kick out him and I love watching them. 


Our last week (before fall break) they came for dinner. None of them had ever had Mexican food so we made tacos. They loved it. They all wanted their picture taken with the tacos.






 At the end of the night I gave them all their own knitting needles. They were thrilled. I was really happy with how their scarves turned out.



I really enjoy spending time with these girls. They are so eager to learn new things teaching them to sew and then knit have been major highlights in the last year and a half. They are a wonderful group of girls and I'm really going to miss them. 


2 comments:

Angela said...

Awesome! Can you teach me how to knit???? Please???

Denise said...

They look like they are having a great time. I am praying for them.