Sunday, October 9, 2011

Here we go again.....

When I was a kid we had one of those above ground pools in the backyard. They are good for 3 things 1. getting cooled off 2. choreographing synchronized swimming routines (yes Katie B. we were awesome) and 3. whirlpools. The whirlpools were the best. Everyone walks in the same directions until you get a current so strong that you all let go and swirl around the pool together. After that became boring we would make the Whirlpool and as soon as it got going strong we would suddenly turn in the other direction and fight the current. It was hard to go and often we would slip and get carried away but eventually we would get the water moving in the correct direction again.
That is what my life is a little bit like. Working in a direction and it's not easy it's work and then once the current gets flowing and I'm floating along it's time to change directions. We have been building and moving in the direction of life in Thailand. We sold our house and all our belongings and came to do what God told us. What an incredible time we have had here the last year and a half. We knew the Lord told us to go for a year and we committed to that. After arriving and settling in we hoped he would provide a way for us to continue in the work here. Things just don't always turn out as we plan. After much prayer we have decided to return to the USA. It's hard when money is an issue. But you cannot ignore it. You need money to live and function in life. God has control of all things including finances. I am so blessed that I learned from a young age that God has my best life planned ahead of me. I just have to continue to remind myself of that lesson in times like this. I wonder why He leads us and provides a way and then when you get settled in BOOM time to turn directions again. I have been through so many emotions through this process that it's been challenging to write it out. I am sad to leave Thailand. We have been a part of something so wonderful and life changing. To see God use you for something so much greater than yourself is so rewarding. We have made some dear friends. And saying goodbye is never easy. I have peace and hope for our future. He has lead us this far and I know He will continue to lead us. For now I'm trying to think about how wonderful it will be to see many dear friends and family on the other side of the world.
Please be in prayer for us these next few weeks as we have a lot to do. We don't know exactly where we will end up but we do have to start taking steps. Please pray that the Lord will show us the way and open doors for us as we follow His leading. Please pray for us as we say goodbye to life here in Thailand and hello to another chapter.
Here we go again.....

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hugs and Praying for you. What an adventure you had and I am sure God has many more exciting ones in your future.