Thursday, June 5, 2008

A special gift for Ezra

When I found out Jen was pregnant I immediately started thinking of ideas for something special I could do for this baby. When Jennifer asked me to be the godmother to her child I was so overwhelmed and blessed I wanted to burst. Then I REALLY wanted to do something special. I have always enjoyed sewing but lately I haven't really had a time/space for it. I have made little quits and things but nothing elaborate. My mom and I took our yearly trip to St. Louis in September (last year) to visit my grandfather and my moms family. While we were there my aunt Vicki told me she makes quits. She showed me some of hers and I got inspired. She helped me pick out a pattern that wasn't too difficult for a beginner. In St. Louis there is this amazing quilting shop with all these bright colored fabrics. At the time I didn't know what Jen was having...boy...or girl... so I had to go with something that would work with either. I knew I wanted it to be bright and colorful. I learned that one of the hardest parts in quilting is picking a bunch of fabrics that will all go together. Luckily I had the help of my aunt, my mom, and two very friendly ladies in the quilt shop. It was a ton of work and it took a lot of time but it was all worth it. I have to say thanks to my aunt Vicki for inspiring me and giving me confidence to do it...and thank you to Tyson for letting me turn our living room into a sewing room for several months. :-) Here are a few pictures.
I'm lookin rough in this picture. I wasn't feeling that great. Turned out Jen and I were pregnant at the same time for 2 or 3 weeks . ha ha

6 comments:

erin said...

It's awesome Tess! I'm really impressed. Hey, I forgot you have family in St Louis. We'll have to meet up there sometime...all Dru's family is there so we go at least once a year! Let's do it!

Tess Bush said...

I would LOVE that!!! We were going to go in October but now that I'm prego I don't think I'm going to be able to make the trip this year. :-( Let me know the next time you are going though...I would love to see you guys!

erin said...

We'll probably go at Christmas time, and then the following spring/summer. I'll let you know!

Anonymous said...

Tess, I admire your quilting abilities maybe even covet! It look great and good job! I am trying to make one myself. I think I lost steam!

Katherine M. said...

Tess, The quilt is beautiful! What a tremendous gift. You are a good, good friend. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

katherine is right... you are a good, good friend.... my best one in the whole world. Someone asked me the other day if I had a will and who I would ask to raise Ezra if something happend to both Casey and I. I said, my best friend Tess and her husband. She is his godmother and though we are different people, there is no one in the whole world who would raise him just like I would, and to raise him to be a man of God. Tess, I love you, Ezra uses his quilt every night since he can't see you every day. You are my heart, you so lovingly sacrifice for me, I could never thank you for all you do, who you are, or tell you in words how much you mean to me. But basically... I just love you!
Jenny Girl