Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sad Day


Last night Tyson's grandmother passed away. It was very unexpected and sudden. Although she was almost 90 she was in great shape. I'm not clear on all the details but it was something about a blood clot in her leg...She had emergency surgery and they found a blockage in her heart. The doctor said the surgery went well and she would be fine. She never woke up and she passed away last night. This has been really sad for me. Even though she wasn't my grandmother she was very dear to me. Tyson spent a lot of time with his grandparents and we have visited them at least twice a year for the last 8 years! We were just there in Alabama in October and had a wonderful time with her and Tyson's family. We were so blessed she was able to come to our wedding. I love this picture of her! She was looking at us and the photographer said "you need to look at me" she then said to the photographer "I don't want to look at you! I want to look at them, they look so beautiful!!" Tyson and I both got a kick out of that. She was a woman who always thought of others. She was always cooking something wonderful for us to enjoy. Tyson's grandfather passed away a little over 2 years ago and she has been living alone since then. I am happy that she is now in heaven with him. What a hope we have in JESUS!! What a blessing and a peace we have in knowing we will be reunited in heaven! Thank you Jesus for dieing on the cross for me! Thank you for saving me from eternal death. Thank you God for the everlasting hope you have given us through your son!
Friends- Please pray for Tyson's parents as they travel from Thailand. And for Tyson's mother as she takes care of her mother's affairs.

8 comments:

abbey said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Tess! What sad news. I am so glad to hear she was a believer and has gone to meet her precious Savior! I will be praying for all of you!

Mindy said...

Praying for you and your family!

Rebekah said...

I am so sorry Tess. I am so happy that we have an amazing Comfortor. I will be praying for you and Tyson and Tyson's family. I wish I could give you a hug. Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post and a great picture!! I'm praying for all involved!! Losing someone so precious is heart-breaking and yet we do mourn with hope... we will be reunited with them one day!! Thank God for that!!!

Love you!!

Debbie

hosanna said...

Tess
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother...I will be praying for you and Tyson's family.

Katherine M. said...

Tess, What a tremendous loss for you and especially Tyson. When those who love us and have prayed for us go on to be with the Lord, it seems the burden to pray falls even more heavily on each of us. I remember thinking about this a lot when Don's parents went home to be with Jesus. I know they prayed faithfully for us and our children and many, many other things. I found myself wanting to step up and pray as they prayed. It was so good to see you and your mom at Katie's wedding and shower. Love to you.

erin said...

I'm sorry, Tess. What a sweet story of taking the picture with her on your wedding day.

Tess Bush said...

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers!!!
Hugs back to you all!
:-)