Wednesday, July 4, 2012

3 kids 3 adults and a 12 hour drive to Florida

Over the 4th of July my Mom, Kelly, all 3 boys and myself took a road trip to Florida. My mom's brother and his family live there and she's been wanting to see him. Kelly's dear friend was getting married not far from where my uncle lives so we decided to make a trip of it. All the boys did great on the 12 hour ride and we had a great time vacationing with my family.
Uncle Jerry set up a slip n slide for the boys in the front yar. This was Sawyer's first time on a slip n slide.



Logan is my cousin's little boy. He's a year older than Sawyer and they were fast friends on the trip. Wish we were closer to see him more.

On the 4th we went to a fun parade. It was SO HOT but we still had a great time.



These wonderful people were walking in the parade and handing out popsicles. What a great idea!




Chillin in the air conditioning. 
Getting ready for the fire works. Logan loved it but Sawyer was still not thrilled with the noise. He told me when I took him back to the car "Mom maybe next year I'll be ready to like fireworks" haha

After fire works my uncle Jerry pulled out a late night snack. Sawyer asked him "What kind of icecream do you like uncle Jerry". When my uncle Jerry told him vanilla was his favorite Sawyer was thrilled and exclaimed "That's my favorite too!!! We both like vanilla!" haha

The next day we did sparklers and Sawyer really enjoyed that kind of "firework"



Ari decided to stand on his own while we were in Florida
Sawyer taking a nap one afternoon crawled into the pillowcase with the pillow. I guess he was cold.


Attempt numer 1 at getting a picture of the boys in their matching shirts.




A rare pic....me and Kelly together. Usually it's one of us taking the picture. Love my sis in law!
One afternoon we went to the mall and Grammy found the boys Car's 2 bath toys on sale for 3 bucks. Here they are checking out. Look at Ari's face like "hey I didn't get one" lol In the mall they also had a train that drove all around. All the boys thought that was amazing!


These are some car pics that Kelly got. Love these great travelers!







The Flordia zoo accepted my pass from the norfolk zoo and gave everyone else 50% off. I did not know that was a perk but it was a surprise blessing. They had an area where we could pet the sting rays. The penguins were also a highlight.
























We also got to go to the Alligator Farm. It was amazing how many alligators they had in one place. The boys loved it. We were able to watch them get fed.




Our last night we went to this great little Italian place. I finally got some cute pics of the boys in their matching shirts.


Logan and Sawyer will miss eachother.

No comments: